Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Holiday menagerie

"Mummy, do look at Rex's Christmas present."
It was a small tortoise with Julia's initials set in diamonds in the living shell, and this slightly obscene object [splipped] impotently on the polished boards. {BR page 164}


Tonight I was a tour guide for an evening museum Yuletide event. Normally, I would run from activities involving carol selections on repeat for 2 hours, but somehow I am full of holiday spirit this year. I think it comes from being in a new and exciting place. I had fun, the guests seemed to have fun, and the dried flower tree looked amazing.

Fun fact: Christmas dinner at the country estate always began with terrapin soup. Of course this reminded me of Julia's "slightly obscene" tortoise. Now there's a classy gift.

Speaking of animals, a wild creature mascot is becoming a tradition in my program. The 2nd years have an iguana named Iggles. He went to London with them and even helped with a Ms. Frizzle Halloween costume. Tonight my class finally got our own - a little purple felt mouse sewn by one of the girls. He doesn't have a name yet, but we know he will look just adorable at the V&A.

No comments:

Post a Comment