Saturday, February 27, 2010

Apparently there is old stuff EVERYWHERE

I just got back from a day-long antiquing excursion to PA with most of my class. Some of them have been doing this sort of thing since childhood, but I am new to it. It's pretty overwhelming the sheer amount of old stuff out there - something from the 1920's, or even the 1890's, is not that unusual.

Here are the results of my day:

gold-plated costume jewelry ring - $5
2 blue and white willow pattern dessert plates of mediocre quality- $2.50
2 movie soundtrack for my car's tape deck, Footloose and Sleepless in Seattle - $2
DVD of The Queen, which is not antique but still awesome - $5
Having a sing-along to the Backstreet Boys with a 60+ year old antiques market employee - priceless

1 comment:

  1. Cherokee Street used to have the best antique stores. The last time I went, 5 or so years ago, there were only a few decent shops :(

    ReplyDelete