Monday, February 22, 2010

If Danny Kaye went to grad school

For the final project result of my London trip, I am researching a pewter flagon made in England but owned by a Massachusetts church in the 1790s. Right now I am still in that "what the heck am I doing??" project stage. This is becoming a theme in my grad school life. I assemble many facts and then try to organize them in a choherent fashion. Anyone else ever feel this way?

On Thursday I will be giving a 12 minute presentation about my amazing flagon knowledge. I am tempted just to show this 10 minute classic film clip and call it a day. I could argue that the tounge-twisting confusion over chalices, flagons, palaces, and poison symbolizes England's chaotic religious identity and frequently changing liturgical practices. Plus Danny Kaye as The Court Jester always makes people laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment