Saturday, May 8, 2010

"And down the stretch they come" - Even more fun in Delaware


Cordelia..wailed when Sebastian appeared in a tweed coat. "Oh Sebastian, you can't come out like that. Do go and change. You look so lovely in hunting clothes ... It's so bad for local prestige. If only you knew how unsmart the Strickland-Venables are this year. They've even taken their grooms out of top hats." (BR p. 159)

I should have posted about this last weekend, but I was still recovering from a day in 90 degree heat. Every year the museum where I study hosts a steeplechase event, and so of course the beau and I went. Although we students may have arrived via yellow school bus, we all fit the fancypants dress code in sundresses, ties, and big hats. Most of the day was spent re-applying sunscreen and snacking at one of my classmates' parents' tailgate spot, which was literally the best one there. Seriously, they won a prize!
I also saw antique cars, fox hounds, horses, a carriage parade, and a guy get arrested for trying to jump the racecourse fence. All in all a fabulous day, and a much needed break before the final week of projects began.

No comments:

Post a Comment