Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Thanks for the shoutout!

A big thanks to D. aka Qandlequeen for giving me a shoutout on her blog! She was one of my co-workers in St. Louis last year, and definitely helped keep me sane as I adjusted to office life. Not only did she answer my near-constant tech questions, she kept a secret "vending machine" of candy in her desk drawers. And then there were the office pranks.... I'm her blog keeps me in touch with her adventures and sense of humor.

I'm also glad D. has photo documentation of my visit when I was in STL last month. After The Nicest Boss In the World had thanked me a dozen times for dropping by, he ran out and bought everyone in the office Ted Drewes frozen custard. Because, well, he's the Nicest Boss In The World. All that custard came with dry ice, which provided a fun distraction.

**Side note on Ted Drewes** If you are ever in St. Louis, their custard is a MUST. My mom went to St. Louis University, so all my life I've been hearing about their legendary "concretes" that are so thick you can turn them upside down. Ted's is honestly the only ice cream I have dared to eat in my 9 years of lactose intolerance, it's that crucial. After I could stomach not one but two servings last month, I'm considering loosening my dairy prejudices.

No comments:

Post a Comment