Saturday, December 18, 2010

A Wacky English Christmas

Source
I finally finished that history paper after working on it several hours a day for a solid week. It was an uphill battle. To keep sane during my last late night session, I rewatched About a Boy on Netflix while I worked.The movie definitely grew on me the second time around, especially because it shared my hatred for terrible Christmas songs. In case you didn't remember either, Hugh Grant's character Will is a selfish bum living off the royalties from his dad's hit song "Santa's Super Sleigh." The song haunts Will throughout the film, including in a grocery store where he thinks:

"It can't be. November the sodding 19th... Six weeks before Christmas and already they were playing the bloody thing." 

Griping about Christmas music is so much more fun with British words!  Here's my favorite cheeky holiday song from another Hugh Grant movie, Love Actually. Brilliant!

2 comments:

  1. i just love Christmas! aren't you so excited it iis almost here!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is my favorite cheese-ball song too! :)

    ReplyDelete