Monday, April 26, 2010

"Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now!" - The Blues Brothers

When I am driving, I can be a bit directionally challenged. Even if I have directions and a map printed out, I will probably get disoriented in my new surroundings and miss a turn or two. Sometimes I even make the same mistake twice. Studying Google maps and focusing on cardinal directions can help, but sometimes it just takes a lot of practice.

Case in point: leaving the downtown area here. Unlike a lot of my classmates, I don't live in the city limits, so I am not so familiar with the maze of one way streets. The past four times, I have ended up taking some roundabout route back home involving detours to I-95 or Little Italy.

That's why I am proud to announce that this weekend I not only managed to take the most direct route home from 8th and King Streets, I also made the 2 hour drive to see my beau without directions this time! After 9 months in Delaware I am finally learning.


No comments:

Post a Comment