Monday, November 22, 2010

Bad holiday songs make me want to bust a cap...

Okay, God must be trying to teach me patience or something because the horrid holiday music keeps finding me. Looking back, I should have expected it in a store named "Christmas Tree Shops." They have lots of cheap homegoods ok? I even got some decoration ideas for my apartment.

BUT they were playing the most horrendous version of Baby It's Cold Outside known to man. If done well, this song is a charming duet and listeners ignore the date-rapey sound of some lines. ("Say, what's in this drink?") In this version, Tom Jones and some dame escalated into off-key shrieking that honestly made me nauseous.

Phew. To cleanse your palate, here are some clever Thanksgiving raps from this weekend's SNL. One of my classmates was in New York and found his way into the episode after party. He got to meet Anne Hathaway, and is now my hero.


1 comment:

  1. even the rat pack version of "baby its cold outside" makes me cringe... I used to love it, until I listened to the lyrics, then I felt nauseous...

    ReplyDelete