Saturday, November 27, 2010

Yuletide Tunes: Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was a fun several days of not thinking about homework, but it had its own stress. Turns out having 20 people over for dinner is indeed loud and hectic - I feel like I barely got to chat with anyone! I'm sorry if anyone feels like I ignored them.

Also, I'm continuing to ponder the bittersweet reality that I no longer live in my parents' house. Most of my stuff is gone, and I was barely there this summer. Sometimes it's tricky to figure out how my adult life should mesh with my family's continuing evolution, especially since I have no idea where I will be working next year.

Still, I'm grateful for the chance to re-connect with family and friends. Here's a song that pretty much sums it all up. This is hands-down one of my favorite hymns, and it's been in my head all weekend since hearing it at Mass on Thanksgiving day. The tune comes from composer Gustav Holt's Op. 32, "The Planets," and the lyrics are lovely.

and whether our tomorrows
be filled with good or ill,
we'll triumph through our sorrows
and rise to bless you still

No comments:

Post a Comment