Monday, January 31, 2011

Snow days


There are ten inches of snow on the ground in Delaware, and they say we might get more on Wednesday. Here's how things are looking around the museum estate.  No one else had really walked around in the snow, so it was great to explore all the untouched whiteness. I tried to restrict my steps to where there were already deer footprints, as not to ruin the prettiness.



The weird thing about thesis writing is that there really are no snow days - you can always write something no matter the weather. So I've been plugging away a bit every day, up to 20 pages now. I'll be glad when that count is up to 60.

My little 4 unit apartment building is at least 40 years old, so it doesn't handle winter well. At least once a day, the roomie and I shuffle past one another wrapped in blankets and moan, "It's soooo cooooolllllld." Keeping a bunch of candles on my desk while I type helps give me the illusion that it's really 75 degrees in here.

No comments:

Post a Comment