Thursday, July 8, 2010

Up close in the kitchen

While I still miss Theodora the camera, I have to admit that my new little camera has good macro capabilities. There is even a setting just for food! This is a shot of my dinner on Tuesday - chicken tenders seasoned with garlic, coriander, and curry on top of Trader Joe's vegetable biryani. I'd like to think it's almost as good as the glowing shots on Gluten Free Girl.

I also tried a grilled porkchop recipe that I saw on the new TLC show Inedible to Incredible. The premise of the show is to replace horrendous home cooking with similar, but better recipies. I may have left my chops in the brine too long, I definitely need a better meat thermometer, and I don't know how I'll get the panini press clea, but overall this is definitely a dish I'll try again.

3 comments:

  1. I clean ours while its still warm with a wet sponge or wash cloth. Run over everything with soapy scrubbing apparatus, rinse, and then use damp scrubbing apparatus to get the soap off. Good as new! If you forget to clean it or don't have time, just let it heat up again a bit. Also works for Foreman Grills.

    ~Stella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious!
    And, by the way, I LOVE your Brideshead inspiration for your blog. It has to be one of the best books ever.
    Thanks for following my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see that I'm not the only person diligently checking out the recipes on "Inedible to Incredible." There are only so many Trader Joe's pizzas Dan and I can eat in a month...

    ReplyDelete