Friday, February 18, 2011

Seven Quick Takes Again

 I have to say, I was amazed to see how many visitors I got last time I linked up to this feature on Conversion Diary. Thanks for stopping by!

One
It was a glorious near-70 degrees yesterday, so I took a long walk. It's been winter so long I almost forgot how to dress myself for warm weather.
Two
I stopped at church on my walk and saw my pal the monsignor, who fell and tore a ligament two weeks ago. Armed with a cane and leg brace, he was testing to see if he could handle walking around the altar. It was pretty funny to see him in plaid pajama pants and a UD Blue Hens fleece.
Three
Holy cow Levar Burton is a guest star on Community this week! Between him and Theo Huxtable, they're bringing in almost all my childhood tv icons. Please let the MathNet cast be hoping to return to TV.
 Four
In other TV news, the Hoda Kotb/Kathie Lee hour of the Today Show has become my morning guilty pleasure. Today those girls taught me that Canadian bacon has less fat than turkey bacon.
Five
I hope your Valentine's Day was full of chocolate and nice words from the people you love. The Beau very sweetly made me GF pasta and we watched Dr. Zhivago. I'd never seen it and was not totally sold on the romance - just because he's a poet he can go cheat on his loyal pregnant wife? Not. Cool. Anyone want to convince me why it's a great love story?
Six
Margaret posted this video weeks ago, and I've been hooked on it ever since. It combines some of my favorite material culture things - architecture, glass, smashing ceramics. Also interpretive dance with sticks and chalk dust.


I heard a great interview with Adele on NPR. Did you know that she grew up listening to the Backstreet Boys and didn't discover Etta James until her teens? And that she's only 22? Gosh that makes me feel old. Especially since...
Seven
I am turning 26 this weekend! It really does feel weird to be closer to 30. My mom was this age when I was born - this means she's known me half her life! This also means my sophomore year of college was like 6 years ago. Funny, it still feels like I just left. When does adulthood actually start feeling real?

5 comments:

  1. I nearly fell off my chair with glee when I saw Levar Burton on Community.

    great interview, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!
    I like your combo of faith and pop-culture. We watched the Bachelorette after community night at the JV house. Sometimes, making fun at the absurdity of it all was the best thing for us to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all the lovely birthday wishes!

    Jackie, that is so true. Somehow when you are dealing with poverty you need ridiculousness to help you stay sane. My VSC house went through entire seasons of The Hills.

    ReplyDelete