Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Happy First Day of School!

Classes finally started for me this week, so I'd to consider yesterday and today an extended first day of school. I started out uncertain about my class schedule, but happily some impromptu tea and conversation with a professor found me an internship in museum publications!

It was weird seeing swarms of undergrads on campus after the emptiness of the summer. Brother #1 claims the undergrads at his new school move at "a geriatric pace" like herds of zombies or an amoeba. Ours are a little faster, thank goodness. It's weird though to see poster sales and big textbook boxes but know they are no longer part of my life.

So far I have witnessed a professorial smack-down over classroom scheduling and heard a notable historian compared to a hedgehog. It's going to be an interesting semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment