Monday, September 13, 2010

"Should I get a set of white wall tires? Are you gonna cruise the miracle mile?" - Billy Joel


A few days ago I got to help with a museum object conservation treatment aka .... detailing the antique Rolls Royce! I loved the opportunity to help make a beautiful piece of machinery even shinier. The museum staffer who cares for the car was eager to help explain the different materials, from aluminum to nickel plate to oak to rubber.

I found my task of polishing the German silver running boards very satisfying. At first, the polishing creme turned black as it reacted with the metal. Once I buffed off all the schmutz, though, the metal was smooth and gleaming.

It was so satisfying, I've been on a cleaning binge ever since. Dirty patio furniture is no match for me and a bottle of windex! Next I'm going to create a new catalog system for my culinary printed ephemera ... aka reorganize my recipe binder.

1 comment:

  1. Sarah,

    I need some of your enthusiasm for cleaning. May some rub off on me and my bottle of windex!

    Blessings,

    Mrs. V (Kathy)

    ReplyDelete