Monday, September 27, 2010

Better go and get your armor

Do you ever have one of those days that are just no good? (I know one other blogger who did.) You get up on the wrong side of the bed and it's downhill from there. Today I had one of those. The overcast sky, stress about holiday travel planning, and some parking lot issues just put me in a grumpy, no good mood.

Luckily, some wonderful friends and classmates were there to bring me out of it. A couple people even responded to my crabby G-chat status to say that they, too, were having rainy grumpy days. Just admitting it to each other made it not so bad.

It also helped that I just made some hot chocolate.


It also helped that one of my favorite songs came on the radio as I was driving home. Now, it might seem silly to suggest that God has anything to do with the playlists of Top 40 stations, but I like to think that Divine Mercy can manifest itself in many ways. Even much needed power ballads for a cranky grad student.



Please note that there is nothing in my love life that makes me want to wear a fancy dress and killer cocktail ring while singing in front of a burning car. But some days my tempestuous relationship with grad school can do that. Thanks for being my armor, friends.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, yesterday must have been contagiously bad, I ALSO had one of the worst days I've had all year. At least we can only go up from here???

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. You've captured this perfectly! I feel literally exactly the same about all of this!

    ReplyDelete