Monday, November 19, 2012

What I Wore Sunday, Vol. 5


Sweater - Target, white tee - Kohl's, skirt - Anne Taylor outlet, tights - Target, shoes - Aerosoles

Back in 1991, I performed in a riveting first grade play entitled "The Gumby Shop." We kids dressed as the various nonsensical things you could buy at the shop. My line was "Some eggs, some eggs, with purple legs!" My Mom shouted that line when she saw my church outfit. Maybe I am subconsciously getting excited for advent? 



I wore this outfit to meet a friend for Mass and then get lunch at Panera. Neither of us had been to this parish before, but it was a midpoint between where we live. Mass was really lovely, especially with a violin accompanying the choir. I have to give this parish props for combining reverence with open and bright modern design. Their recent renovation is really nice. It's true, I can't help geeking out about church architecture wherever I go. 


For more Sunday outfits, check out Fine Linen and Purple

6 comments:

  1. Before I read any text my first thought about your outfit was ADVENT! At least early Advent is much better than early Christmas.

    Yay for visiting new churches and actually liking them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that there are other people out there who think about dressing liturgically-matchy! And I totally geek out about Church architecture where ever I go (it is the Theology major in me!)! Love the outfit =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colored tights w/ your outfit. I bought a pair last year but still have not had the guts to wear them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the purple!!

    We visited at a church outside of Atlanta with similar architecture and I was almost distracted by it because it was so different from our usual churches with such an open plan...but....it was lovely and a tremendous service and super friendly congregation. I was ready to join, sadly it is 8 hours away. boo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look how cute you look! Thanks so much for participating!

    ReplyDelete