Sunday, November 25, 2012

What I Wore Sunday: Vol. 6, Christ the King

This week I am visiting my fiance up in New Jersey, so I have someone to take my picture! We always go out to brunch at a diner with several of his church friends after Mass. At this point the staff know us and just say "How many this week?" Once he and I ate there on a weekday and a waiter asked "Why are you here today?" You gotta love any dining establishment run by a Greek family. You also know you are in New Jersey when a flyer in the lobby advertises a pro-wrestling "Jingle Brawl" ... hosted at a Knights of Columbus Hall. 


Sweater: Kohl's?
"Pearls": Kohl's 
Scarf: Gift from parents
Sweater tights: T.J. Maxx
Wedges: Aerosoles outlet
Skirt: Anne Klein, thifted. (I bought this for $6 new with tags on four years ago. 
Thanks to Weight Watchers I can finally fit in it. Victory!)


I am big fan of this week's feast of Christ the King. Or as it is called now, "Lord Jesus, King of the UNIVERSE." Did everyone else hear He-Man, Masters of the Universe references at Mass today? Just me? I prefer to think of today as the feast of Jesus' awesomeness + the New Year's Eve of the liturgical year + making autumn more important. Why should December get all the attention?

The cornerstone of Christ the King Parish in St. Louis. I used to live next door. 
 For more church outfits, check out the link-up at Fine Linen and Purple!


8 comments:

  1. Very classy. I love your tweed skirt. A good thrift find is hard to beat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The skirt is great! I need some tweed...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the skirt! And the price makes it even better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your soon-to-be marriage! I agree... you look very classy today, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just bought a pink tweed skirt at a thrift store this afternoon! Thanks for showing me how to wear it well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The skirt is fabulous! Congrats for being able to fit into it - meeting goals is a GREAT feeling! The top goes very nicely with it; cream is much more flattering on most women than white!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the skirt, it looks awesome! And I love your description of the feast of Christ the King, totally a liturgical New Year's Eve!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very classy. Love the scarf and pearls, and sweater tights sound so comfortable!

    ReplyDelete