Tuesday, November 13, 2012

What I Wore Sunday

Thanks to some unseasonably warm weather, I didn't have to bundle up too much this weekend. The Betrothed was in town and we competed in the semi-annual tournament of my weekly pub quiz. My college friends and I once won under the team name "John the Baptist Re-enactors." We didn't expect to put up a good showing, but we tied for 4th place! Props to my man for knowing that Bosco was a popular chocolate syrup produced in New Jersey since the 1920s. 

I love this dress, but it once gave me a hair-raising church experience like Rae's recent one. I was thrilled to find a petite size on clearance at an outlet, and bought it in a hurry even though it was a little short. When I put it on for the first time, I realized it was far too short. Adding black tights didn't help much. Of course I made this brilliant wardrobe choice for the Easter Vigil, the one Mass of the year with the most standing and kneeling. It was an awkward two and half hours. 

So I added some black fabric to the bottom to make it appropriate for my brother's rehearsal dinner. The tulip hem made the sewing project extra tricky, and it quickly became a late-night saga. The Bethrothed valiantly offered moral support while I watched Downton Abbey, measured, and swore. The next day I finally created something wearable. Hooray fore creative modesty!

Dress: Banana Republic Outlet
Cardigan: Ann Taylor
Tank: Ross
Flats: Naturalizer
Belt: Finale, a totally Jerseylicious store where you can also buy earrings as big as your head. 


For more Sunday looks, check out the link-up at Fine Linen and Purple!

5 comments:

  1. Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. And cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! And I love how you added the fabric - I never would have known!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I have been to that ugly place of wanting to rip my project apart in the mid-night hours...the black fabric looks fantastic and like it was meant to be there! Love the belt and flats too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, I didn't know you had a blog! I can't believe I "ran into you" through a linkup. I love the whole outfit, especially the dress + belt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Talent!!! That dress is so amazing and if you hadn't spilled it on the hem, I seriously wouldn't have even known....nor do I care, because it looks like it SHOULD be there!

    ReplyDelete